When Dr. Beck and Dr. Hart decided to merge their practices in 2015, one big reason was to provide the best dental care possible to the Columbia, TN community. Dental sedation is one way we are able to do this. Dental sedation is a lifesaver if you are suffering from dental anxiety. It is also helpful if you simply want to relax during your visit. Call Beck Dental Care today at 931-398-5265 to explore which dental sedation options in Columbia, TN can make your next visit pleasant and comfortable.
Dental Sedation Equals Relaxation
Beck Dental Care wants you to feel completely at ease during your dental treatment. Our sedation options in Columbia, TN can relax patients with varying degrees of dental anxiety. But dental sedation is also great if you:
- Have a Bad Gag Reflex
- Need Multiple Treatments Completed in One Visit
- Want Painless Oral Surgery
- Have a Low Pain Tolerance
- Do Not Want to Remember Your Treatment
Beck Dental Care Offers Three Types of Dental Sedation Options
Our dentists are trained to offer three types of sedation options to meet your unique needs.
- Nitrous Oxide – You may know nitrous oxide better as laughing gas. Nitrous is a mild, inhaled sedative that begins to work quickly. You will have a light, euphoric feeling come over you shortly after you breathe it in. You will remain conscious the entire time during your dental care and will recover quickly following your procedure. This means you can drive yourself to and from your appointment.
- Oral Sedation – Oral sedation is the next level of sedation we offer. This is a pill that you have to take about an hour before the beginning of your dental appointment. You will be right on the edge of awake and sleep throughout your treatment. This type of sedation can take a while to work its way out of your system, so you will need a friend or family member to drive you home.
- IV Sedation – The highest level of sedation we offer is IV sedation. This is for times when you don’t even want to know what is going on. You will likely stay asleep for the duration of your dental care but can respond to us if needed. IV sedation is administered by either Dr. Beck or Dr. Hart and will require you to have a ride home while the effects wear off.
Get Comfortable, Caring Treatment with Dental Sedation
Call our dental office at 931-398-5265 to find out how dental sedation options in Columbia, TN can help you relax and get the care you need. You can use our online form to schedule your visit or ask us questions as well. Whether you suffer from dental anxiety or just want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible, we can help.